- The #1 reason that members joined an organization is to network with others in their field*
- The #1 reason that members did not renew membership in 2010 was because of the perceived lack of value*
- The #1 way the leadership of organizations define success is “growth in member counts”*
Are these statistics true for you? If you want communications to be valuable, put your goals and the plan on paper, and on purpose. If you don’t take this step you’ll simply be reporting the news. Your members will see features, not value.
So how do you best deliver value? Through a communications plan that includes:
- Knowing clearly what is most important to your members.
- Knowing your goals, and how your communications will help you reach those goals.
- Messaging properly.
If you have a system, the people and time to create your plan, you are ready to go! If not, consider the Build a (Communications) Plan Workshop to give you the framework you need.
Go to www.nsightmarketing.com/buildaplan.html to learn more.
*Statistics according to the Membership Marketing Benchmark Report by Marketing General, 2010. To read the full report, click here.