As an executive, you are on the front line of convincing members you matter. You are not alone.
In the words of one of your colleagues:
Association executives across the country face similar challenges:
- “We as associations need to differentiate ourselves in a highly competitive market – just like other brands.”
- “Members don’t recognize your value – so most of them don’t read our updates or know how to promote the REALTOR® brand.”
- “We think we communicate so well about the value of membership; our members just don’t seem to get it!”
Many Association Executives decide to formalize the step of developing their own unique Value Proposition.
Here are examples of value propositions several associations are putting in front of members today. Each message is different based on specific target audiences. Each message says one or two things that the association does best to solve a specific challenge.
Which story speaks best to you?
- Be the Best. Expect the Best. Suburban West. – Suburban West Association of REALTORS®
- Your Tools. Your Success. Your Ally. – New Jersey REALTORS®
- Credibility and Regional Connections to Advance Your Business – Hilton Head Area Association of REALTORS®
- Knowledge Happens Here. – Colorado Association of REALTORS®
A value proposition will change the way your membership (and the public) views you. That’s only the beginning.
Click here to watch a short video on how the process works.