Case Study: Strategic Planning – Tri-Counties Association of REALTORS®
1. Collaboration and big thinking without rush or distraction
2. New and tenured board members get the chance to affiliate in a safe, enjoyable environment
3. Get the board headed in the same direction for the year
1. The state economic industry outlook was delivered via a virtual webcast with a drill down into the local area – courtesy of the state association.
2. Presentation on member value – what it is, how the association is approaching it today, ideas to think about value as a business asset, and how to communicate value in a better way.
3. Validation of vision and mission; then prioritizing strategic issues, goals and what it would take to achieve them.
Outcome and Feedback
When it comes to different and strategic thinking, a new, unexpected environment helps board members to focus, think clearly and work as a cohesive team to find ways to better support members and deliver more value.
“There is the tendency to create plans that are tactical and do-able. During this planning cycle, Melynn’s facilitation encouraged us to think about our role in a very strategic way. In addition, Melynn stimulated conversation between our elected leaders that helped shape the direction of our organization and our values. Our attention expanded from the decisions we make, to how to communicate them with purpose and consistency. As a result, we began to move towards a unified message of value and differentiation. Melynn’s work made a difference in how we plan, think about, and communicate the strengths of our association to members.”
–Mark Epstein, EVP