Communicating in a Crisis
When a crisis hits, many organizations react by quickly filling the member's inbox and social feed with as much information as possible.
Your members are already worried and overwhelmed. Show them you care, by relaying specific information you know they’ll need. Most important, know when it’s time to communicate ‘business as usual'.
Take this opportunity to share key messaging, gain trust and demonstrate your unique, specific value.
- Prioritize six interrelated steps to help you be hyper relevant today
- Use your existing plan to guide the new work. If you don’t have one today, you’ll get a crisis plan template to guide you
- Decide what critical information you need to gather and who will collect or create it
- Make intentional decisions about how to communicate, how much and what to convey during a time of uncertainty.
- Build credibility with one key message that makes clear what the member should rely on you for
- Learn from best practices of others
Whether you’re looking back at this crisis, or preparing for what might happen in the future, this presentation will help you to be ready, credible and an authentic source of information they need most.
This is a 45-minute presentation for association staff and leaders.