2019 was a year of progress for so many associations. Starting with a vision, and translating that vision to the right actions to overcome tough issues and achieve resilient results!
As we review the year 2019, it’s Thomas Oppong that says so well what we learned from a few of our clients: “Goals take time, hard work, perseverance and commitment to achieve. And results often do not come as quickly as you hope. You can easily lose the motivation in the process and give up… to ‘be accountable,’ all you need is a clear goal and a willingness to let others help you achieve it.”
Association Executives often ask our team “what’s working out there that we can learn from?” Five associations are making notable progress! They have equally significant accomplishments, so here they are in alphabetical order!
1. Baldwin REALTORS® is showing members how to compete in their market and to live the value of the REALTOR®. The leadership team is “all in” with a commitment to their bold 3-year strategic plan. There are several equally aggressive initiatives: (1) An association re-brand, (2) A consumer campaign that established a high bar for the value of the REALTOR®, (3) A certification program to help members set themselves apart, and (4) A unique value proposition to tie it all together. (You might recognize Baldwin REALTORS® as the local association who launched their own healthcare plan for members in 2018.)
2. Kansas Association of REALTORS® undertook a big idea to rethink their vision and think more strategically about their business. #strat2020 launched in 2018. They took on three diverse and lofty issues that are in the planning and staging phase now. The key to their success is planning, involving members, and testing all along. KAR will carry their bold thinking forward into their next 3-year cycle!
3. Missouri REALTORS® Leadership Academy learned together how to put more effort up front. They experienced first hand how a successful message to members BEGINS WITH thinking through goals, the audience, and what’s in it for them. Leaders have a new road map for how they present a message to members and showed off what they learned!
4. NEXUS Association of REALTORS® organized their communications to compete for member loyalty and attention. It began with a merger and a re-brand, and then a new value proposition to deliver on their promises. At every touch-point, from their new satellite office to their usable communications plan that ties to their value proposition, members know the reason they belong and choose NEXUS Association of REALTORS®.
5. Virginia REALTORS® worked intentionally to prioritize their value in the way they communicate. Congratulations to a talented communications team for a year of planning and launch of their new communications plan and value proposition. It didn’t stop there. Their leaders and staff directors then learned and practiced how to talk about it! They built their plan around a new messaging strategy that explains in clear and simple terms: “Why Virginia REALTORS®.”
Five associations set their goals, organized their approach, and stayed accountable to the results. I have the highest respect for these organizations and teams that combined equal parts determination, perseverance and commitment to achieve. It all begins with a vision.