Communications & Leadership: Blending Experiences of All Colors Into a Voice of One
Just like a roll of Life Savers®, the makeup of a leadership team is diverse in many positive ways. Leaders come to the boardroom with a variety of backgrounds and experiences.
Leaders bring their individual experiences to your board. Use those differences to create a common vision that
unifies them to help discover and/or strengthen your value proposition.
- Learn to work with leaders from diverse backgrounds, different experiences, ages, and points of reference.
- Learn how shared values fuel your culture.
- Learn how to agree on clear expectations in order to avoid dysfunction in the boardroom.
- Examine potential risk areas and learn how effective leaders lower their risk.
- Learn the vital steps to building consensus among your diverse board members.
– Association executives and staff
– Volunteer leaders and committee chairs
– Prospective and potential leaders
“Melynn’s presentation was exactly what our audience needed to hear. She offered a group of volunteers and staff specific points to take back to our office and their Chapters to help them in their membership recruiting and retention efforts.
She also provided ideas for staff and volunteer leaders of all tenure to enhance their leadership skills. Melynn really engaged the audience. By the number of positive comments, they loved her presentation.”
Brad Patterson, Chapter Membership Manager
American Public Works Association