Eight Steps on the Path to Get More Members to Your Event
Take off your AE hat. Think about it…like your many uninvolved, unengaged members: Why would you be at an association event if you didn’t have to be there?
There are Eight Steps to growing members’ interest in your member meeting. Some are immediate remedies; others need some advanced planning. All eight steps will help you link your meeting goals (or challenges) to achieving the results you want.
If you’re good at it, come to this session to share. If you’re looking to get better, come here to learn. Take away tools to reach more members and convince them to attend. Start planning for bigger events, a more loyal membership, and members who believe they are better with you than without you.
Learn the 8 steps and the tools, systems, and ideas for accomplishing them.
1. Set Goals Early and establish your target for the event well in advance
2. Target Your Audience: Who do you want to be there?
3. Answer “So What” about why they should attend: Do you know the one or two clear reasons why members should attend your meeting.
4. Be Realistic: If you don’t have their attention today, what can you do to compel them to attend your meeting?
5. Do a Survey! Verify Awareness, Usage and Importance of your key offerings so you know what members need most – and how well your association answers their most pressing needs. The meeting is a chance to support, inform and offer ideas around what they need most.
6. Analyze: Review your brand and key messages. What does the member see?
7. Simplify your communications to overcome your biggest competition – Indifference: What would convince your target audience that they need to be there?
8. Implement: Look for promising practices and experiment
A 60-minute presentation with best practices and online tools the audience can implement for their next event.
Target Audience: Association executives and staff