Seven Steps to Developing Your Association’s Value Proposition
Associations must be relentless in convincing members that you matter to them to ensure a strong future. Communicating how you matter is sometimes a challenge.
A value proposition answers ‘so what?’ about why a member or prospective member should choose your organization. Associations across the country consider their value proposition a crucial step in conveying what a member should expect from your association.
Learn about a proven seven-step process to put to use tomorrow. Learn what value proposition means; how to develop it, and how to market your organization through a compelling set of key messages – your value proposition.
- Learn why defining your value proposition and incorporating it into your communications plan is essential to making critical gains in loyalty and retention efforts.
- Understand what is so essential about a value proposition, how to create and test one that you create.
- Get motivation to return to your association and get started on your own proposition.
- This 60-minute session will follow a seven-step process to create a unique value proposition.
- Attendees will leave with a checklist in hand, a sample proposition, and a clear path to demonstrating value that meet the 3-way test.
- Attendees receive a handout that helps them follow the process, begin to work during the session and take back to full board and staff to finalize.
Target Audience: Volunteer Leaders, AE and Staff