Surveying Members: Don’t Ask (Unless You’re Ready for the Answer!)
Surveying members can be daunting. “What do I do with all that feedback? What does it really mean?” When you incorporate survey data into an annual association communications plan, you’ll have a method in place to learn what your members want.
Surveying members on a regular basis helps track the association’s progress in meeting member expectations and needs. Knowing what your members want will help you deliver the right member services at the right times.
Attendees will learn:
1. Five essential decisions you need to make before launching your next member survey
2. Four factors that determine if results represent your overall membership
3. How to write objective questions
4. How to correctly interpret survey results and turn them into action
5. How to use survey results to feed into the association’s communications plan
Leaders and staff will leave this session with an understanding of what to ask before conducting a survey and how to use survey results to accurately evaluate members’ perception of value and track the association’s progress over time.
Association Executive Director and Staff