Writing Workshop for Emerging Leaders
Elected leaders represent your association; so getting them to realize how to improve on their own business writing helps them learn how to communicate as a leader. The principles of writing and communicating are universal. Leaders are responsible for communicating the association’s vision, but don’t always have the right tools. In fact, leadership is often one big communications challenge!
- Give leaders a framework of what to think about before, during and after they write (or speak) to create communications with purpose.
- Avoid taking communications for granted. A good writer or speaker is most-often made, not born.
Leaders who take this course said their most valuable take-aways include:
- Remembering to ask “Who is My Audience?”
- Simplify, simplify, simplify; Less IS MORE
- Focus on the Benefit in any communication
- Take advantage of the strong R® Brand and use it properly
- Tools to help measure and improve communications
Any association leader or member who aspires to lead the association will benefit from a communications makeover. The course also teaches volunteer leaders many valuable lessons to use in business interactions with customers and prospective clients.