Let’s Get Curious
We have a big idea: to listen to members talk about what they value about your organization. And to share that information back to you. You may have an idea of what members value, so how about trust, but verify it?
Join the movement to get curious. No strings attached.
It’s challenging to learn what uninvolved members think is important and what they value. We’re planning to ask them in a short 10-question survey.
We’re curious to know:
- If the answers differ based on a state or a local association.
- If the answers differ significantly by association.
- What members say is the one thing that their association does to directly support their business.
- If members from associations who have a “formal” value proposition (that they actively use) influences the member perception of the value they get for their membership.
Once you decide to be part of the research, here’s what happens next:
- Tell us if you do or do not have a value message and if you actively/regularly use it. [For those of you who worked with nSight Marketing, we know who you are, but don’t know if that value message is an active piece of your communications strategy. We’ll want to know that.]
- Compile and send us your list of uninvolved members.
- If you have 8,000 members or more today, your list should contain 1000 uninvolved member contacts; if you are less than 7,999 members, you’re list should contain 500 uninvolved member contacts.
- Include these fields in your excel spreadsheet:
- First and last name
- Email address
- We will destroy your list as soon as we use it. If you prefer, I’m happy to sign a non-disclosure for this one time use of the names you send me. Feel free to send it my way or trust that I mean what I say per this note.
- We’ll conduct a drawing for a $100 gift card as an incentive for taking the survey.
By July 15 – or ASAP: Reply to me via email to let me know if you want to join this project to formally research member value! Or let’s talk live if you have any questions
July 22 – Send your member list to firstname.lastname@example.org
July 31 – Kelley will send you suggested content for your advance email to participants
August 7 – nSight will deploy the survey
August 14 – Redeploy to those who haven’t taken the survey
August 21 – Final redeploy to those who haven’t taken the survey
September 15 – You’ll receive your member findings via data from our survey tool.
Full Disclosure – nSight Marketing plans to use the overall results to understand member value from a bigger NAR perspective and to be able to give you ideas and strategies to strengthen that value.
The information you get back will help you either verify what you know today, or raise a few questions about how you communicate about what you offer to your members.
There is no cost to participate. Your only investment is to help in making this a valuable exercise.
Thanks for your consideration!